Hymenostilbe nutans

Hymenostilbe nutans

Monday, February 10, 2014

A new challenge

Sadly the Bhutan venture failed. [NOTE: Anyone interested in working in Bhutan and/or doing business there is welcome to contact me privately. I will happily discuss the pros and cons.] After four interesting years living in Bhutan I moved back to Thailand in July of 2013. Since then I have been quietly working away on the start of a new project. And I now feel I can talk about this project.

A new start-up company contacted me out of the blue as they wanted to grow Cordyceps militaris for the nutraceuticals market. Luckily for me (since Thailand is my home base) the company is Thai. Last month, in spite of the political troubles, the work permit was sorted out and things are beginning to move forward. Over the next few months we will build lab facilities at the Science Park (Rangsit) where I used to be based. How ironic that I will be based across the car park from where I used to work. Not quite full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment